As the Chief Architect, you will set the architectural standards for all of Zirra’s R&D. From what linting rules to use, all the way to workflow orchestration and building data pipelines, you define the rules, the methodologies and the standards across the development organization.
In this role, you will work with the CTO and senior members of the development team to define, set and enforce standards across the R&D organization, for coding, testing, CI/CD, logging, and deployments. You will research, design and test architectural options for building large data processing systems that will scale both in terms of increasing data volumes as well as in terms of a growing development team adding more and more features and data sources.
- Evolve and set development standards and methodologies.
- Understand deployment topologies and work with DevOps on optimal deployment setups.
- Define ideal overall system architecture, for large data pipeline with input from hundreds of sources.
- Plan existing system transition and evolution to future architectures.
- Understand the tradeoffs of various NLP and ML algorithms and their implications for architectural planning.
- Get into the code! Run Zirra’s technology and get your hands dirty tracking down bottlenecks and testing your ideas.
- Research and recommend technology choices.
- Stay current on best practices and industry trends.
- Deeply understand and drive forward Zirra’s existing technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering, or other Engineering/Scientific discipline that involves coding.
- Experience in one or more of distributed systems, data processing, microservices, concurrent systems, parallelism, NoSQL databases, search.
- Proven DevOps experience, using best practices such as continuous integration, distributed logging, and containerization.
- Experience in at least one major Cloud Provider (AWS, GCP or Azure).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience in finance, equity markets, or Fintech, is a big plus.
To apply for this position, please contact Vicky Fornis at firstname.lastname@example.org