As the Senior Technical Team Leader, you will work directly with senior management and the development team. You keep Zirra’s R&D team working like a well-oiled machine. You plan requirements and translate them into technical tasks. You work with the CTO to set the development roadmap, and with the scrum master to plan sprints. You can explain and discuss to the business folks the business implications and impacts of technical decisions you’re making, and you can equally discuss technical tradeoffs of development and technology decisions with the engineers.
In this role, you will manage, coach and mentor the developers. You will be involved in and solve challenging engineering problems. You will lead and coordinate a cross-functional and diverse team.
This role is expected to grow into VP R&D.
- Lead cross-functional development team, composed of Engineers, DevOps, Data Scientists and Full Stack developers.
- Work closely with the CTO and other senior management to set R&D roadmap.
- With the scrum master, plan and manage sprints.
- Train, mentor and onboard new team members.
- Discover training needs and provide growth and learning opportunities.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve issues or conflicts.
- Research and recommend technology choices.
- Deeply understand and drive forward Zirra’s existing technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading technical teams.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering, or other Engineering/Scientific discipline that involves coding.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience in finance, equity markets, or Fintech, is a big plus.
To apply for this position, please contact Vicky Fornis at firstname.lastname@example.org